PreB2 Prebiotic with Bimuno 60/cs
For the dietary management of gut health and diarrhea:
Antibiotic Diarrhea, Tube Feeding Diarrhea, Infectious Disease Diarrhea, C-Diff.
PreB2 contains 5.5 grams of the prebiotic Bimuno, the only second generation prebiotic (B-GOS) available that offers dual functionality beyond simple prebiotic effect; it increases and strengthens beneficial bacteria and immunity boosting bifidobacteria.
Probiotic supplements and foods such as yogurt that contain live bacteria have a restricted role in the management of gut health due to the problems of survivability in the large intestine. PreB2 with Bimuno is a food source for the gut's beneficial bacteria and works in the following way:
- Reaches the small intestine intact where it inhibits adhesion of G.I. pathogenic bacteria
- In the large intestine, it is fermented by the specific beneficial bacteria which leads to a change in the pH balance resulting in a positive change in the microflora. This selective fermentation increases and strengthens the immunity boosting bacteria (bifidobacteria).
- There is a positive direct effect on the innate immune system resulting from increased NK cell and phagocytic activity (removal of pathogens and cell debris).
- The net effect is enhancement in gut health and general wellbeing.
Features & Specifications
When mixed in 120 mL of water
Caloric Distribution (% of kcal)
Prebiotic: Bimuno 5.5 grams
Appropriate for these diets:
Gluten Free, Low Residue, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Carbohydrate Controlled
Low in Lactose: 1.1 g/serving
Can be used orally or through feeding tube.
Shelf Life: 24 months
How Bimuno's unique prebiotic works:
- Reaches the small intestine intact.
- In the small intestine, it inhibits adhesion of G.I. pathogenic bacteria.
- In the large intestine, it is fermented by specific beneficial bacteria. This leads to a change in the pH balance resulting in a positive change in microflora.
- This selective fermentation increases and strengthens the immunity boosting bacterial (bifidobacteria). There is a positive direct effect on the innate immune system resulting from increased NK cell and phagocytic activity.
- There is also a positive direct effect on the adaptive Immune system resulting from the increased in Anti-inflammatory cytokines and a decrease in Pro-inflammatory cytokines.
Add to water or favorite beverages.
Not a sole source of nutrition.
A Medical Food
Use under medical supervision.
NOT FOR PARENTERAL USE
Item Number: 11320 Neutral Flavor
Case UPC: 5-07-94688-11320-0
Packaging: 60/12.5 gram packets
PreB2�� is suitable for adults and children 5 years and older.
Oral: PreB2 can be added to everyday food and drink: coffee, cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee and tea. Children over 12 and adults, one packet daily. For children 5 to 11 years of age, �_ packet daily. Since benefits build over time, a daily intake is recommended.
Tube Feeding: Mix one packet with 30mls of water. Stir until completely dissolved. Infuse via syringe down feeding tube. Flush tube with 15-30mls water before and after administration. Can be mixed with enteral formula.